Don't get me wrong I am very blessed to be able to have children, and I know that. For a long time I wanted children and for medical reasons was unable to get pregnant, so I am very grateful that the Lord has blessed me and my family with adorable children. However, the Lord also blesses moms with the ability to forget how uncomfortable pregnancy is and how painful labor is, because if we remembered it, we would only do it once.
I am very excited that in about 6 weeks we will have another adorable little girl in our home. We thought we had picked out a name, but have since heard many other names that we like. We currently have 4 names in the running, but I don't think we will know what her name will be until she comes. I love the anticipation that comes when the countdown begins. All the questions that went through my mind with my first two, go through my mind now. Who will she look like? What type of personality will she have? Will she be as dramatic as Kenzie or as mellow as Kate? Will I get any sleep? and then a few more questions have come to mind... How do you take 3 children into Wal-Mart and be able to complete your grocery shopping? How much earlier will I have to start getting everyone ready for the day in order to be able to get things done? How do I arrange the car seats so that everyone is happy and no one is throwing toys at the new born? How do I get my 2 year old to sleep in her new room instead of play? And how do I become a better mother to all 3 of my children? I have great examples to follow, but it is still a scary thought.
I am thankful she is almost here and can't wait to share pictures once she gets here. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone and am grateful for the opportunity to carry yet another one of God's children.
4 comments:
When is the due date? Wow, 3 kids. How exciting. Adding a new family member always takes a lot of adjustments. But oh so exciting. I am excited to see pictures too!
It is amazing how we forget the last stage is so incredible unfomfortable- but once we hold that sweet baby it is all worth it! I remember feeling so overwhelmed at the thought of taking 3 children anywhere, but was shocked to find myself at the store with all 3 kids buying milk and diapers for the first time, I was in the check out line before I realized it was my first venture out with three and it went fine- only a crying baby who thought she needed to eat every hour, but that's do- able right?! You'll be great and I'm sure she'll be a great baby!
You are a fantastic mother. Adding another will only increase your ability to be wonderful. You also have great girls, so don't worry to much!
It is so funny that we are thinking and feeling all of the same things right now...except I have 8 weeks to go instead of 6! hang in there...we can do it!
Post a Comment