Oh the joys of traveling. My brother got married in the SLC Temple on August 7 and so the girls and I decided to drive with my parents to Utah and that Marshal would join us later. We left on July 31st for our cross country trip. I warned my mom and dad that we would have to stop often so that the little ones could go potty and stretch their legs, but really I needed more potty breaks and leg stretching than the girls did. Being pregnant and sitting in a car for 12 hours a day is not a fun experience.
We arrived in Utah on August 1st in just enough time to rest and have dinner and then I went to the Breaking Dawn release at Border's in Orem. My sister in laws mother works at the Borders their and was able to get us wrist bands. We were #20 in line! They handed out thousands of wristbands and I do mean thousands. The place was packed. My sister in law's mom also made us very cute shirts that said "Bite Me" and her sister is very pregnant and had "Bite me too" over her tummy. Crazy people stopped her and asked for her picture. I thought I was crazy for driving for 24 hours and then going to the release party, but nothing beats some of the people I saw there. It was a lot of fun and worth the crazy people.
Then on Saturday my soon to be sister in law had a bachelorette party, but those are pictures and stories that won't be shared here. I will say it was fun to get to know my new sister in law and to see her crazy side.
Then on Sunday we went to church in Spanish Fork, it was Fast Sunday and their ward is the largest ward I have ever seen. For those in the Centerton Ward, we think 3 nurseries is a lot, but they have 7. That's right 7. There isn't enough room in the chapel for everyone, after many battles with screaming and realizing going in the halls with the rest of the screaming kids can give you a headache we headed home. The girls got to play with their cousins and their Mom Di and Papa and loved every minute of it.
Monday and Tuesday I have no clue what we did. I just remember it was busy and very loud. I know one of the days we went to BYU and walked around but the kids didn't last long. We also got hair cuts. Kate got her first hair cut and sat through it like a pro.
Wednesday we drove to Bountiful for Emily (new sister in law) to go through the temple for the first time. My girls got to stay with Emily's sisters and brothers while we went to the temple. Kenzie and Kate absolutely fell in love with Emily's siblings. They even nicknamed her brothers Mckayla (don't know why) and Hot Cocoa. Marshal arrived Wednesday night and we drove up to Ogden to stay with his sister for a few days.
Friday we went and hung out with daddy and did a few of our favorite things. We went to Ikea which was an amazing experience, we were there for at least 1 1/2 hours and then we ate lunch at Cafe Rio and had a Jamba Juice drove around Provo and told the girls stories from when we went to school there. It was a fun day, a lot of time in the car again. Poor Kenzie and Kate probably hate the car now.
Saturday we left really early for our trip to Arkansas to drop daddy off and then onto Tennessee for a week of getting ready for the reception in Tennessee. That is another post for another time. The girls were really good considering all the driving and sitting they had to do. I'll post more about our week in Tennessee tomorrow.
6 comments:
Wow, what a trip. Your girls look adorable.
A candy bar...like an open bar? That is a great idea! Where did they put 7 nurseries? Is the building huge? I'm glad you guys are back. I like your cute new tummy :)
Those kind of trips are always fun, but exhausting! I can't believe they have 7 nurseries.
Glad you're back! We've missed Kate in our nursery! :)
It seemed like you were gone for so long! It sounds like a fun family trip. By the way, I used to work on the 24th floor of that Well Fargo building back when it first opened and was the American Stores building. It really is a cool place!
Lacey, Your girls are adorable! Congrats on #3. Looks like everyone had fun at the wedding. Our blog is hopkinz.com.
It was great catching up on your little family.
Sounds like a great trip! I love the hair cut picture. So cute.
Post a Comment