Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mackenzie's First Day of Preschool

With the new baby coming, we decided to go ahead and put Mackenzie in preschool, even though she won't start kindergarten until 2010.  She gets so bored and frustrated with me when I try to work on "school work" with her, that I thought it might be more productive to have someone else teach her.  So on Tuesday morning she woke up earlier than she ever has and got ready for school.  She was so excited on the way there, but then when we got there she got scared.  She clung to my knee and she wanted to keep her coat on.  I thought for sure I was going to cry, but as I left not a single tear left my eye.  Maybe there is something wrong with me, because I cry when I watch TLC's a baby story and I cry when the girls do something cute, but I didn't shed a tear when my baby started preschool.  I hope that this will make having a new baby around a little easier for her to accept her oldest sister role, and maybe a little easier for me to get things done.  Tomorrow I will get to go grocery shopping with only 1 little one instead of two, wow it's been so long I'm excited.  

My only concern with the whole thing, is she won't tell me about school.  When we ask what she did she tells us, "I'm not telling."  Over the last 2 days little by little I learn new things.  They talked about the letter J and the number 9 and they painted and got to cut lines on the paper.  She made a new friend, but she doesn't know her name and she played with Noah from church, but that's all I've learned so far.  We'll see if she has a better memory tomorrow.

2 comments:

Familia Morales said...

That's great she's liking it. And I bet you're liking the break too. Annaleise has been in preschool since September and she still won't tell me more than 'I played.' Maybe you'll get more out of Mackenzie tomorrow.

Darrell and Alissa said...

What a funny girl!! preschool is a saving grace! Carly will start next year, and I can't wait!!