Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My growing babies

It's hard to believe that I have a 4 1/2 year old and 2 1/2 year old and a 6 week old.  I always wanted children, but never really saw myself as a mother of 3.  It is a lot of fun, they just grow up way to fast.  I realize since I have had Claire how quickly they grow.  It seems like just yesterday bringing Kenzie home and wondering how I was going to operate on little sleep, who knew lack of sleep would get greater with each child.  Claire has had some serious congestion and low grade fever for about a week now and so sleep is not happening.  She loves to eat and eats often so both her being sick and her love of eating has created many sleepless nights.  Both Kenzie and Kate slept well from the time I brought them home, but Claire likes to keep me on my toes.  Claire is only 6 weeks old and I am now putting away the 0-3 months clothes and have brought out the 3-6 month clothes.  She already weighs 12 lbs.  Like I said, they just grow up too fast.  Kenzie has been truly amazing since bringing home Claire.  She thinks she is a mom and loves to feed Claire with a bottle, however she has no patience for crying and yells at us to stop her anytime Claire starts crying.  Kate loves Claire too much at times.  I have to be careful about leaving her in the room alone with Claire, because she loves to "hug" her and by "hug" I mean lay on top of her and kiss her face.  She just loves her so much.  I am very lucky to have 3 little girls and I love to watch how close Kenzie and Kate are and can't wait until Claire gets in on the action.

1 comment:

David and Cori said...

Lacey, I've missed seeing you around. Hopefully Claire starts to sleep more and eat a little less. I'm amazed at how fast those early stages of motherhood pass us by. It makes you appreciate every little moment.