Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

This year for Christmas my family got together at my parents house to celebrate one last time before my youngest brother leaves on his mission. There were 15 people in one house for 10 days. It was noisy, messy, crazy at times, but absolutely wonderful. The cousins played and sometimes argued, but they made memories that will last a lifetime. While they were at Papa's and Mom Di's house they got to play with barbies and watch movies, go to the Jump Zone, and Santa made a surprise visit to the house, because grandparents have connections. Christmas morning was crazy. Mackenzie asked Santa for a Belle Polly Pocket and a Sleeping Beauty Polly Pocket. Kate asked for a Polly Pocket swimming pool and a Snow White Polly Pocket, and Santa delivered. Claire's first Christmas was all about the bows. She did not care about unwrapping presents she just wanted to eat the bows off the presents, so she did. She also started walking while we have been here. She is busy and so fun to watch trying to keep up with the older cousins. It was a great time and a wonderful Christmas. We were able to discuss the true meaning of Christmas over the last couple of weeks and I am very grateful for our Savior and this time of year to celebrate his birth and his life of service. I hope Christmas was an enjoyable time for all of you as well. May the new year bring new adventures.

3 comments:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

I love big family Christmas'...even with all the chaos. :)

kelgrandy said...

Sounds like a crazy, super fun, and memory filled time. How are you holding up to all the Polly Pockets?

PS Still can't believe Claire is walking :)

Emiline said...

I am so glad you have a blog, just so I got to see your family a little bit. So precious!