As I reflect over the last year, I can't believe how quickly it has gone. I remember the night before we were supposed to be induced the ice storm was coming and I called the hospital to make sure I could still come in. I really wanted my little girl here. They told me if I felt like coming in to go ahead and come. So, of course I did. At that point I would have ice skated if that was necessary. The whole family was excited for our little Claire to come. My mom even drove through the ice storm to be here for her birth. What a great little baby she is. She didn't cry when she was born, which made me cry. She was fine and her oxygen was good and she was just born a happy baby and has never been a crier.
She was our big baby, she was induced 10 days early and weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. She continued that growth spurt that at 6 months she was wearing a lot of 12 months clothing. Since then her growth has leveled out. She is still really tall, but because she is a mover and a shaker she has thinned out. She crawled much earlier than my other 2 and she walked earlier than my other 2. She has no fear and has fallen down the stairs a few times, but gets back up and goes again. She eats like a champ and loves chocolate. She loves squash and green beans. She can eat a can of green beans by herself. She is adorable and always has a red nose. Her nose isn't cold, it's just red. She makes us laugh and she gives great kisses and loves to cuddle. This last year has been fun, busy and crazy! We love you Claire!
4 comments:
Oh sweet baby! I can't believe she's one already!! And here comes another ice storm to celebrate! Happy birthday Claire!
Happy Birthday,Claire!! That is such a beautiful picture of her!
She is beautiful and precious!!Happy 1st year!
That is such a precious picture of Claire. She looks like a sleeping angel. I can't believe she's one--that went by really fast!
Post a Comment