Thursday, May 21, 2009

So Far So good

Well we are about 1/2 way through our vacation.  Right now currently in Tucson, AZ at a beautiful resort,  I want to come back here with just Marshal one day.  The kids have been good all things considered.  Lots of time in the car and lots of potty breaks, but for the most part happy.  Our first stop on our trip was to see my brother graduate!  That was a long ceremony, but worth it.  Then we went to San Antonio to see Marshal's brother Ben.  We went to the Riverwalk and had dinner and the girls love the rides in the stroller thanks to the stroller races Marshal and Ben were having.  
Next stop was Las Cruces, NM.  Marshal served his mission in the Tucson, AZ mission and one of his favorite areas was Las Cruces, so we stopped there and had some of the best hamburgers ever.  We also visited White Sands National Monument.  Sand for as far as the eye can see it.  It was a lot of fun.  Claire wasn't too happy and Kate had had enough after about 30 minutes.  Kenzie could have stayed there all day.  
We are  now in Tucson and are ready to swim, visit some of Marshal's mission areas and relax.  Since we've been here, Kate has taken a purple crayon to the walls, which required 4 magic erasers to remove it all, and I have been approached by an interesting Young Man wanting money from me.  All in all a memorable vacation.  Pictures to be posted later.

3 comments:

David and Cori said...

Sounds like a fun trip - hope the kids continue to behave for you - I can't wait to see pics, especially of the national park. I love stuff like that! Drive safe.

kelgrandy said...

Lace- I'm glad things are going so well, and that everyone is surviving all that time in the car! I'm excited to see your pictures and have some cute pics of both our kids to send your way when you get home and I get around to downloading things from my camera. Hope the rest of your trip is as good as the first part.

Leslie said...

Keep on keeping on! Love family vacations...full of me memories!