Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Joys of Little Girls

I have the most fantastic little girls. They are so dramatic, and they have a temper. I have been working with Kenzie on how to express her anger. Instead of hitting her sister, I have asked that she make fists and say as loud as she wants "That makes me so angry!" and that way she won't hit her sister, or her momma. It has been working pretty well, and now Kate has picked it up and started yelling in the car today "That makes me so angry!" at the top of her lungs. It was too funny. Along with the drama of girls, comes the obsession of dress up. They probably change their clothes 2 or 3 times a day sometimes more. One of the girls who babysits for us brings dress up clothes and makeup and nail polish and from the time she walks in the door until she leaves my girls are begging her to make them up. It is so funny to come home and see the girls in long dresses and their nails painted. With the early obsession of make up and nails, they recently decided to "do" their hair. On Sunday afternoon, while they were supposed to be having quiet time, they took a pair of scissors and cut all the hair off their barbies and then Kenzie thought they should also cut their own hair. They were both wearing ponytails and cut huge chunks out of the ponytail and now when you put their hair up it kind of sticks straight up. I was proud of myself for laughing and not getting mad. It's only hair it will grow back, maybe slowly but still it will grow back. I know I complain sometimes, but I really do love my drama queens, and I truly feel sorry for Marshal now, but even more so when they are all teenagers. It's awesome being the mommy of 3 amazing, joyful, dramatic girls.

3 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Oh I'd love to see a picture of their new hairdos! I love your idea of expressing anger, I'm going to have to try that one with mine. I'd say Marshal is lucky to have 4 beautiful girls!

kelgrandy said...

Hey, you know I'm all for fiestiness :)

Diane said...

Ditto, Lacey! Let's just hope we make it through!