Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Words I have longed to hear!

Today I received an awesome surprise, 3 little words that make me so happy, I just had to blog about them. Kate while sitting on the potty yelled out " Mommy come here, I went poop!" I love those 3 little words I went poop so much, because it is the start of a beautiful thing. One less package of diapers to buy, and change. Less wipes and of course cute little girly underpants. I know that one time does not mean she is fully potty trained, but for the last 2 weeks she has been wearing underpants and keeping them dry, but unfortunately wouldn't go poop in the toilet, but in the underpants. I have thrown out many a pair, because I just didn't want to have to deal with it. But today was different. She went on her own and then told us about it. Oh how my heart smiles today. Thanks to a great lesson in Relief Society today I am finding joy in the journey!

5 comments:

De Anne said...

What a great moment to celebrate!

David and Cori said...

Those are the words you love to hear....come over to our house anytime....we are all regular as clockwork - I'll just train the kids to yell out the magic words. LOL
Seriously though, congrats!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Those are great words!! One of my daughters had lot's of problems making it to the toilet- so when she was finally doing it- we celebrated by going to Toys R Us! That was the last of her accidents- but she then thought we would go shopping each time she pooped!

Amy said...

Congratulations! Those are beautiful words!

kelgrandy said...

Now THAT is cause for celebration :) Think of all the money you'll save each month, only having one in diapers. Two down. . . one to go?