Monday, March 1, 2010
Any ideas?
My beautiful Mackenzie is really struggling right now with being away from mom. I'm not sure what to do. She has been attending preschool since September and I have been going in on Wednesday's to help, which was fun, until this last month. Out of no where Mackenzie started crying when I was there. She wouldn't go participate and she would cry with me standing right by her side. If I wasn't right next to her, she would lose it. I have been asked by the teachers not to come and help anymore. Even at Nana's house she would cry for me and ask to come home. The prospect of going to a friend's house freaks her out and she cries about it for a few days before, with the exception of Annaleise's house last week, but that is another story. She used to love going to primary and now every Sunday it is a struggle. She doesn't want Marshal to take her. It's getting to a point where I am stressed about going anywhere without her, for the fear of how she will react. I am open for ideas, suggestions, or even just sympathy at this point. I think of discovered the event that caused this anxiety, but now it is time to come up with the solution so that mommy and Mackenzie can be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sending sympathy your way. Let me know if you need some chocolate/Dr. P/or anything else. And send McKenzie over to play anytime. Annaleise had a blast with her, so whenever you need a break just give me a call. I'd be happy to come pick her up.
She's always welcome over at our house anytime you want to drop her off! Jayden always loves having a playmate! Or even Jacob, but I'm sure she would be more comfortable with Jayden :-) Good luck, I wish I had an idea for you.
Poor girl! (and poor mom!) I don't have any advice... we have a daughter with really high anxiety levels and we take her to play therapy. It is a HUGE dent in the pocket, but it has been worth every penny to help her over come her fears and learn how to deal and handle stress.
Good luck!!
How about some mommy/daughter playtime with several other moms and their kids....I'm up for it. That way you will be with her, but she will still get some playtime with other girls.
I don't claim to be an expert...but here are a few things to try:
1. Have a "goodbye ritual"...like a special wave or kiss or pat that is just for her.
2. Don't linger. Say goodbye and leave.
3. Let her bring a comfort item with her...blanket, small toy etc if she promises to stay.
4. Make sure you always pick her up on time...when and where you said. She may have trust issues.
5. Buy her a book. Try "The Kissing Hand" or "I Love You All Day Long". You can get them both on Amazon.
Good luck Lacey!
Hey! So, try and as often as you can talk to her in a very safe, non-confrontive or "digging" way about why she suddenly doesn't want to go, or be without you. Ask often and casually, while you are doing fun, safe things together. Hopefully she didn't have a bad experience, but if she did, this is a typical way kids deal with it, so just try to get her to open up.
Good luck!
Get her a 'special necklace', a locket and put a picture of you in it so that 'you' are with her where ever she goes?
Post a Comment