Monday, May 2, 2011

It's been awhile!!

Since my last post we have announced the coming of a baby boy to this house of crazy girls. This pregnancy has been different in many ways. At first I was shocked I was pregnant. It wasn't in our plans, but it was definitely in the Lord's. I am so grateful he knows what I need when I need it. I thought for sure this little one would be the baby sister, and got an even greater shock when we had the ultrasound and discovered it was a boy. I am usually pretty good at holding it together and not crying in public, but I actually started crying when the sweet ultrasound tech said it's a boy. I couldn't believe it. I still look at the pictures at least once a day. Kenzie is excited about it, but Kate is over the moon to be getting a brother. Claire likes to kiss my tummy and say hi to the baby.

These last couple of months have been a time of reflection for me. I think about how am I really going to handle 4 instead of 3. I think about how different it will be to have a boy instead of a girl. That is foreign to me. I have had my usual kidney issues this time around, but have found peace and comfort in the scriptures and in General Conference talks. Through all of this I have learned to count my blessings as well. I am relatively healthy and have a supportive family that help take care of me and encourage me on my bad days. I have great friends who listen to the promptings of the spirit and stop by or call on days where things aren't going so well. I think we all have moments in our life where we need to stop and just be still and this pregnancy has given me that opportunity. I am grateful for that. All the pain and medicine is worth it, because I know that I am learning and growing through this experience. Only about 15 more weeks, and the opportunities to sit and reflect will be fewer and maybe a little more chaotic, but I am grateful for this time to reflect and think of the wonderful blessings in my life.

1 comment:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

I didn't know he was a surprise! I just remember in college when you weren't sure you'd be able to have any, and soon you'll have 4 little ones! What a blessing.