Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Girl's Camp

For anyone who knows me, they know I LOVE GIRL'S CAMP!!!!! This year after finding out I was pregnant with our 4th child, which happens to be a boy, I received a call from the Stake asking if I would accept the assignment of Assistant Stake Camp Director. I was so excited I didn't sleep that night. I couldn't wait to get started. At the time the assignment was extended, no one knew I was expecting except our family. Looking a head a would be 30 weeks pregnant at the time of Girl's Camp, no big deal. I was too excited to worry about that small detail. In the past 5 years I have gone to Girl's Camp on a ward level 3 times and I have been pregnant for 2 of those years. I must say it has become the norm.

As a side note, while I am pregnant I have serious kidney issues. The doctor doesn't know why but with all 4 pregnancies I have been on antibiotics for the majority of the pregnancy due to bladder and kidney infections. In fact with 2 of my pregnancies I have ended up in the hospital for a few nights to receive antibiotics. With this being said, we were all a little worried about me being in the summer heat 30 weeks pregnant, but the Lord truly sustained me through the whole week. I was truly blessed with strength and health, and I know with all my heart the Lord was protecting me through it all.

The Lord's protection was evident throughout all of camp. Small and big miracles were abundant. The first night a severe weather watch was out on our area. The priesthood went and pulled all of the girls up to the lodge just to be safe. The promptings to move them were truly inspired. The storm itself wasn't too bad. A little bit of rain with some lightening and thunder, but I've been through much worse. After the storm passed a few of the leaders went out to see if there was damage to the campsites. Boy was there ever. A serious straight line wind knocked a tree over, which landed on a tent, that would have had YW in it. Each ward had lost at least one if not two tents and canopies were torn a part. As we stood looking at the tree on top of the tent, the tears started to flow. The Lord had truly protected us, by prompting those priesthood holders to move those YW. I am so grateful for that experience, because it strengthened my testimony of being in tune with the spirit and following it's promptings.

It was a fun, very tiring week. I had my share of tears through the week, as I missed my girls and my husband. The YCL's were amazing and I am grateful I was able to get to know so many of them better. In our Stake we had 42 YCL's and next year we are expecting about 60. I love to see how many amazing YW we have in our stake. It is amazing to see and hear 200 YW and leaders sing songs, hanging out together and just being in one amazing place. Our theme this year was "Protector's of Virtue", it was a great theme and each ward got to be warriors fighting to protect Virtue and our values. I loved Girl's Camp it will always hold a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you have such kidney/bladder infections during pregnancy... no fun! So glad you were able to go to girls camp. I am sure you were a blessing to the girls and vice versa ;) Congrats on baby #4