Thursday, July 28, 2011

Before this baby comes!

Now might be the time to document some of the amazing things my little ones are up to, because once this baby comes, it might be a while before another post is made. It's not like I blog all that much anyway. So where to begin....

Mackenzie is 6 going on 16 and is a great big sister most of the time. When she wants to be, she is a great helper. We have struggled a little this summer with being kind and listening and obeying. Granted a lot has been asked of her, since I am large and pregnant and extremely hot and have had many moments of having to lay in bed and not do much because on top of being pregnant I have kidney stones. She loves to read and write. She loves to play with her sisters and make up games. She even likes to make lunch for her and her sisters. The other day, Claire was crying for juice and Kenzie went and got her a cup and poured her a drink of juice. It brought tears to my eyes. Is my child really old enough to handle such a task? She also likes to organize things, she did not get this from her mother. The other day she took out all of the clothes from her dresser, folded them and then put them back in the drawers according to color. I love her quirkiness.

Kathryn is definitely a middle child. When Kenzie is at school or a friends house she plays wonderfully with Claire. She will cuddle with me and just knows how to sit and be still. She is so excited to start preschool this Fall. She has a smile that could move mountains. She loves people. She is good at making people feel good about themselves. She helps Claire get dressed and put away her shoes. She likes to avoid work, when possible, but then out of the blue she will surprise us and we will find her cleaning the toy room by herself. At night we have found Claire and Kate sleeping together in the same bed, because Claire was scared and needed Kate. She loves to cut and paste things. She is going to be my crafty one. She also loves to write. She has learned to write almost all of her letters. She also loves to sing and dance. She is a happy girl who loves to giggle and absolutely loves her daddy. She is growing up so fast.

Claire is our little "pig pen". She was given this nickname by a friend, because no matter how clean she is when we leave the house or get out of the bath, within 5 minutes it looks like she hasn't bathed in days. She is coy and mischievous. She likes to hide things. Her favorite game is to take something she is not supposed to have and run and hide, until you find her and take it away from her. She climbs on everything. She has no fear. She is a fish. She loves to swim and would stay in the pool all day if we let her. She swims with those water wings and doesn't want any adults to help her. She jumps off the side of the pool and doesn't want you to catch her. She likes to sneak treats and eat them as fast as she can. My favorite part about that is she always leaves evidence around her mouth. We have tried to potty train, but this mommy doesn't have the energy so after this baby is born that will be our focus. She loves to cuddle, and will come into our room in the middle of the night and try to sneak into bed with us, but I just can't sleep if someone is touching me, so she usually gets moved to the floor. She is going to hate having to share the spotlight with this baby boy.

Baby boy has yet to be given a name. We can't decide on a name. It is a topic we discuss daily in our home. We have a few we like, but I'm not sharing them here, because then someone might make a comment about the name and change my opinion. I figure when he comes in the next two weeks, we'll just know what his name is. He is a big boy. He has been measuring big since our first ultrasound. I have gained the most weight with this little guy, and he is a mover. I can't wait for him to get here. I can't wait for the girls to have a little brother. I have been very blessed to be pregnant. As I think back to all of the struggles we had getting pregnant with Mackenzie and thinking that if we didn't have anymore it would be ok, and now here we are about to be the parents of four children. I am amazed and excited, but I will say I will be glad to not be pregnant.

I am grateful for my sweet blessings and I am making a promise that next summer, my kids will have more fun and not be plopped in front of the TV because it is too hot for this mommy to go anywhere. My guilt has been bad, because we haven't had any really fun adventures this summer, but I pray daily that my little ones understand that this summer was all about growing a healthy baby and spending time inside together, learning to use our imaginations and serving each other.

In the next couple of weeks I hope to be posting a picture of two of baby boy Schofield, with his amazing sisters. Until then wish me luck.

3 comments:

John n Shannon said...

This post made me feel better. I too am not a very energetic mommy as of late. I watch Addison playing on the floor by herself and I get all teary eyed b/c I lack the energy to get down and "play" with her most days. She is doing very good at learning to be self sufficient but I hope I make playing with her a priority once baby boy comes.

Alicia Rivoli said...

You should have called me girl, we could have come over and had a party! :-) Can't wait to meet baby boy Schofield, let me know what I can do to help.

Rachel said...

So, I'm not pregnant now and it is still WAY too hot for me to go anywhere too. I can't imagine being pregnant with this nasty heat so don't even feel guilty about it! I'm excited to meet your little guy soon!! I hope that he and Jack will become great friends!