Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I turned 30!?!

I realize my birthday was actually in April, but turning 30 is a right of passage, so I thought I should attempt to blog about it. I was not looking forward to turning 30. Being pregnant and 30 was scary for me. So many people told me that being pregnant and 30 is harder than being in your 20s and being pregnant. I thought it doesn't matter, but it sort of does. I realize I am more tired, more run down and not as energetic. Now I could attribute that to being 30 or the fact that I have 3 small children that are my full time job at this time.

Anyway, I wasn't looking forward to 30, and I told Marshal I did not want any party, I just wanted to relax. So he surprised me by planning a get away to Chicago with our best friends the Bruce's. Nana and Papa took the kids for a few days and we flew to Chicago, where I received a massage, manicure and pedicure to relax. We went to great restaurants and saw the Blue Man Group and walked around the city. It was a lot of fun and a great way to spend my 30th birthday. I am so grateful for a husband who knows how to plan a fun get away.

30 isn't so bad after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too turned 30 (in May) and I too am pregnant and 30!!!! And now I am jealous of your Chicago getaway!!! That is perfect and so well deserved. I am glad you got to go and have a nice and relaxing time. Being 30 does have it's perks, i guess!