Friday, July 18, 2008

I can't believe I'm doing this

After many months of reading blogs from all my friends and family, I thought I would try it. I can't guarantee that it will be updated often, but still I'll give anything a try once.

Kenzie and Kate got a little kiddie pool the other day and I swear you would think that we bought Disney World, that is how excited they both are. The last 3 mornings Kenze has gotten up and asked if she could go swimming. It's really cute, but my house is always wet now.

We have been busy this summer traveling. It all started in May when we went to Disney World with Mom Di, Papa, Brandon, Emily, Chandler and his friend Landon. It was a lot of fun, after 5 weeks of being home, we then set off for a long 4th of July weekend at Nana and Papa's house in Illinois. And now we are awaiting our big trip to Utah for Brandon and Emily's wedding. I told Marshal we aren't traveling ever again after this next trip. The girls and I will be gone for 18 days. That is a long trip, but we can't wait to go to Utah.

Kate is growing like a weed and likes to bring her blankie to us and have us wrap her up, and then she whines until you pick her up like a baby. Then she sings Rock a bye baby over and over. She is our little monkey and likes to climb on everything. One of these days we are going to end up in an ER. She is so much fun and I can't believe she will be 2 in 2 months.

Mackenzie is be coming a little girl. She no longer is a toddler. At bedtime she likes to talk about things. I know it is a ploy to stay up later, but I can't resist lying down next to her and hearing her thoughts on the things that are happening in the world, ok our family. We are going to be welcoming a new baby soon, and she has lots of thoughts on this subject. It is so fun to hear her get excited about the new baby.

Life continues and we are loving it.

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yeah! Lacey has a blog! It's quite the thing to do :) I just started mine and like it better than facebook. I'll add you to my list! Have a great trip, you traveling lady!

Renee and Jake said...

I love blogging.

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Yeah!!! I have links to a bunch of Rogers girls on my blog: Christine, Adriann, Robin, Traci, Laura, and Aleena...if you haven't seen them already. If you need motivation to blog go to blurb.com. I made all of last years blogs into a book/journal and it turned out really good!

Summer said...

I am so excited that you have done this. My sister got me started because she is moving to Ohio in a few weeks and she wants to keep in touch on a more personal level than facebook. I will check it often!

Nicole said...

I don't know Kenzie well, but Kate is just a doll. She's doing so well in nursery!

I hope you're feeling better with the pregnancy now.

Leah said...

Lacey! I'm glad your a blogger too! And I'm excited you're having a baby soon. I love seeing pictures of your family and seeing what you are up to.