individual letters. She would get so tired of doing it, but now she loves writing. The other day she wrote her name without any help from me, the M was upside down, and the a was backwards and the z was backwards and her i and e were on a different part of the paper because her name "Mackenzie" is just too long. It is the cutest thing ever. She just seems to grow up too fast. Last weekend Marshal decided to take her fishing. She didn't have a fishing pole and so she needed to earn money to go buy one. I asked Marshal how much they were and he told me $15.00. So I told her if she cleaned her room and made her bed she could have her money for the fishing pole. I know $15.00 is a high price for a clean room, but she doesn't understand the value of money yet and I was trying to teach a principle. When she was done I gave her the money. Then came the discussion on tithing. She was so excited to pay her tithing. We got out the envelope filled out the slip and put the money in it. She couldn't wait to take it to church and give it to the Bishop. Kate wanted to give the Bishop money and Kenzie informed her she had to go fishing to give tithing to the Bishop. So, yes my discussion of tithing needs to be refined a little bit, but it was the cutest conversation.
Now that we have baby Claire in our house Kenzie has become my little helper, sometimes she takes it too far and tries to discipline Kate, and she has to be reminded she is not the mommy, I am, but she usually gets me or Kate what we need while I'm busy feeding Claire or changing diapers or whatever the case may be. She is one great little girl. I find myself wishing I could slow time down and keep her little forever, but I know I can't and it makes me sad.
2 comments:
She's at such a fun age. I loved it when Grant was her age. I also loved the "you have to go fishing so you can pay your tithing" explanation. That's a story you'll be sharing for a long time.
that is such a cute picture!! They are growing up fast.
Post a Comment